iMac Flat Panel issues

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by NiMROD, Jun 17, 2004.

1. NiMROD macrumors newbie

I have an iMac G4 that I've had for almost a year now and my display is acting strange. It's a 17-inch widescreen and for some reason it has started displaying everything with a reddish tint. I've tried going through color sync and recalibrating my display but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've also tried turning it off and turning it back on, I've put it to sleep for awhile hoping it just needed to degauss but nothing seems to work.

Oddly enough it sometimes just fixes itself and magically disappears suddenly. But it keeps reoccuring. I'm not sure if its simply from the humidity (it is rather humid right now) or if my display has a very serious issue. Any suggestions or info would be great.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Wish I could be of more help... bit I would take it back to the reseller ASAP!

3. reaper macrumors 6502

If you have AppleCare you can probably wait it out a little longer (especially if you need the machine and downtime will hurt you) and see if it can "fix itself" permanently. However, if you don't have AppleCare or if it gets worse I would take it in immediately so that a tech can tell you what's wrong.

Also, if you don't have AppleCare and it's getting close to the 1 year mark, I would highly suggest buying it to save yourself some money on the repairs.

- reaper

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

A thought here, could it be due to power fluctuations? The summer heat can be hell on the power grids.

5. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

A week ago I saw a 17" Cinema turn green about 10 minutes after starting up. But sometimes it wouldn't do it. While they are different displays, I have a feeling that your display is bad, and you need to follow the advice of the above posters.
    –Chase