iMac for $275??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CaVoLo, Jun 6, 2003.

1. CaVoLo macrumors member

2. djtet macrumors regular

no good...

if you notice the auction states "This auction tells one how to purchase the compact and revolutionary Apple iMAC 17" for only $275!" You don't get an imac...they tell you (for $275) how to obtain an imac... i've seen this before with videogame consoles, and other electronics...it's just some bull crap!

3. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

never trust people selling information on how to get something for close to nothing.

usually something like this is one of those "call customer service and tell them you are a new up and coming business and need a demo model" kinda thing...this doesn't actually work. you need to be an authorized reseller in order to do this.

5. djtet macrumors regular

here's something similar...

this is what i was trying to describe in my last post...

it seemed to be similar to this kind of crap... ebay crap

crappy, crap, crap, crap

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Hahahaha, reminds me of the scam about 10 years ago in the Northern California and Nevada area. In the newspaper somone had put in an ad asking, "How to go to gamble in Reno or Vegas and never lose - send one dollar to....," Well if you sent a dollar you would get a small post card back saying that to never lose don't gamble. Well apparently whoever did it at the time made off with over $30,000. At the time they were never caught I don't know if maybe they have been caught since then. I really don't see what was illegal about what they were doing though.

7. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

another Ebay scam that was funny happened when the PS2 was brand new. Some scammers were putting up auctions selling only the box the PS2 came in, but the wording in the auction was very tricky. Somethink like "Brand new PS2--- box with manuals", something like that. Some poor suckers bought a box for a cpl hundred bucks.

1) usually if you read the auction very carefully you shouldnt have to worry about getting scamed

2) feedback is the most important thing to look at on the auction page

I would NEVER buy anything over $50 from a seller with less that 50+ positive feedbacks. If it were say a computer or some other fairly high dollar item, I wouldnt do it unless seller was in the hundreds of positives with very, very minimal negative. I do read through all the negatives cause lets face it, some bidders expect unrealistic things from the seller and even good seller can get negative from an ****** bidder.

My pet peeve with the feedback system: ppl that leave negative because they were overcharged on shipping, yet the auction stated clearly how much shipping was. Example "Seller charged $10 for shipping, only cost $1.50...very bad F- "

Well, if the auction said $10 then what are you bitching about??

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

for a time me and my friends sold information on how to receive free electronics, each of us walked away with a little over 2k. We used eBay and I could link you to one of my accounts with 370 postivie feedback, i only had 8 negatives and most of those related to language issues or things like that...feedback is not everything...most of my feedback was based on my "great service" ... P.T. Barnum did say "a fool and his money are soon parted" ...I never charged more than $10 for my eBook so i don't feel guilty at all.