Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
shoud my mom get a imac now or wate tell after macworld

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
I'm assuming your mom doesn't do high end video work or needs the latest and greatest computer with this answer.

I would go ahead and get it now. The current imacs are already really powerful computers. More than enough for most task. And macworld? when is that? do you mean wwdc '06?

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
jcll said:
shoud my mom get a imac now or wate tell after macworld

DEFINITELY NOW! If with computers, especially macs, if you wait you'll never end up buying anything, just reading rumours and waiting for the next great model. I say you should get it. It is a brilliant computer, and will last you many years.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
jcll said:
Shoud my Mom get an iMac now? Or should she wait until after Macworld?

Sorry, had to fix your post so I could understand it.

Macworld is in January but if your Mum can wait another 7 months then she'll probably get a machine that is better than the one now.

If she can't wait till then, she should buy one now.

jcll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
thank you and i was thinking about wwdc not macworld sorry

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Rokem said:
I'm assuming your mom doesn't do high end video work or needs the latest and greatest computer with this answer.

I would go ahead and get it now. The current imacs are already really powerful computers. More than enough for most task. And macworld? when is that? do you mean wwdc '06?

Agreed. It's not like new iMacs are right around the corner. The worst that's likely to happen is that they'll add a slightly faster chip or make it a bit cheaper. The computer won't be obsolete any time soon.

So I'd buy now

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
I got my mom just 17" iMac directly from Apple Store for the price of 1600 (warranty included). Mom loved it a lot and we've been doin' webcam thing ever since! She no longer use DULL computer. YAY! :)

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
So I'm planning on buying a 20" iMac, CoreDuo 2Ghz with 2GB RAM... I was going to wait because I heard they might upgrade to a CoreDuo 2 by July or August, but I have no experience with this sort of speculation. So I should go ahead and buy it now? No need to wait?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.