Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bjerre

macrumors member
Original poster
Okay, so I got a iMac G3 233Mhz Rev. A. I got it for free and decided to try to connect it to my internet via Ethernet. I can't seem to get it connect with my internet. 'Tis getting frustrating. Oh, for some reason it's running OS 8.5.

Quick questions:
If I get it to work, will it be able to run Youtube videos?
Will it run kinda quick of the web?

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
Okay, so I got a iMac G3 233Mhz Rev. A. I got it for free and decided to try to connect it to my internet via Ethernet. I can't seem to get it connect with my internet. 'Tis getting frustrating. Oh, for some reason it's running OS 8.5.

Quick questions:
If I get it to work, will it be able to run Youtube videos?
Will it run kinda quick of the web?

I'm running 8.5 on my PB 3400c, 32 MB RAM, 200 MHz processor, and it is very snappy. your problem will be the web browser and other older software. Upgrade to OS 10.2 or 10.3 and max your RAM. Safari will run okay but don't know about you tube.

As far as 8.5, from the apple menu go into TCP/IP and set your static IP address as you need to or else DHCP from your provider. You'll probably have Netscape 4.x preinstalled, or IE. I forget which. I'll fire up 8.5 on mine tonight when I get home and check. PM me if you need more help later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.