iMac G3 Or G4 Cube As Colector's Item?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Goftrey, Jan 21, 2013.

1. macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I'm considering buying either an iMac G3 or PowerMac G4 Cube as a 'to keep' Mac. As both are becoming rarer & rarer here in the UK (especially the G3's - last year there were 100's around and people were literally giving them away) I am a bit torn as to which one will be worth more in the future, and would therefore be a better investment. Thanks.

2. macrumors P6

Intell

The Cubes are going to end up being worth more. Apple made less of them in the Cube's short production run. The G3's where made like crazy.

3. macrumors 68040

666sheep

I second Intell. Cube should be much better investment.
    Of G3 iMacs only Blue Dalmatian would be worth something. But If you'd score, let's say, 700 MHz Snow in a box with all accesories, install discs etc for next to nothing, I'd also consider to keep it.

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Okay then, I'll keep an eye open for any Cube's that pop up on eBay & will still probably end up getting a G3 as well just to have as a fun toy to mess around with. Thanks for your input guys. :)

5. macrumors 68000

MacTech68

One more vote for the Cube.

However, I agree that a G3 "Blue Dalmatian", "Flower Power" or 700Mhz "Snow" would be the rarest of the G3 Slot Loaders.