Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tezzamacuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
Hi guys sorry for posting lots of questions.

Anyways my imac g3 is running osx 10.2 a friend told me that it should still have os 9 on it somewhere how do I boot it onto this. Also is there a way of making this is primary os?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If it is still on there it will show up in the Startup Disk pref pane. To check, open System Preference and go to Startup Disk. It will then list all bootable operating systems on your machine. 10.2 will be one of them and it will be highlighted. You may see 9.2.2 as well, if you want to boot to it and make it the default OS, select it and click restart.

Tezzamacuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
If it is still on there it will show up in the Startup Disk pref pane. To check, open System Preference and go to Startup Disk. It will then list all bootable operating systems on your machine. 10.2 will be one of them and it will be highlighted. You may see 9.2.2 as well, if you want to boot to it and make it the default OS, select it and click restart.

The icon is there but it says classic cannot be found on the volume i did have to reinstall 10.2 with the discs a few months ago so i'm assuming it got removed off the hd when I did it. I guess i'll have to buy os 9 if I can find it anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.