iMac G3

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by StarbucksSam, Nov 21, 2004.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'm actually posting this for my father who is interested in selling an iMac G3 we have kind of sitting around. This is not guaranteeing that I will sell it, and anything would have to be done through my Dad, but I'm basically working as his agent here.

iMac G3/400 DV SE has 640 MB RAM and a 13 (I'm pretty sure, might be 12) GB HD with a DVD-ROM drive. Sold in good condition with no modifications made to it except RAM upgrade. Original software probably available, not sure - original box is doubtful. This computer is about five years old, but it still works well for what it's intended for.

If interested, please post.

2. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I am, are you interested in $ or an older PB G3, you can see my thread it says WTT: My Powerbook G3 for iMac

3. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

We actually have a PB G3 (not for sale), so I think it's cash. Offer?

4. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

This is just what baucomcomputers.com has
    iMac/400 DV (Indigo) (192/10GB/CD/56k/FW/usb) . . . . . . . . . . $245
    so you make the offer.

5. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

This is the same model with a bigger hard drive, and 432 (math?) MB more RAM. I'm going to have to run any offer by my Dad, but I'm thinking $330 negotiable plus shipping.

6. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

448MB more - I probably won't be able to buy it, sorry :( . My paychecks (which I get ever 2 weeks) are about $130. Thats why I asked about the PBG3 trade (see siggy)

7. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

If you'll give me your best offer, I'm not setting a price, I will present it to my father who I know is eager to get rid of this.

8. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

We have an official asking price of $300. Please bare in mind that does not include shipping. Any takers?

9. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

If you live an western PA, I'd be willing to meet somewhere in between you an me (Cleveland OH) on a weekend. My offer is 150 cash, with me being able to inspect the imac before the transaction.

10. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'm sorry, but I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, and that offer is a complete insult. The 233 with regular RAM is about or more than that.

11. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

Hold you horses there buddy... didn't mean to insult you. Was just trying to make an offer on a 5 year old computer thats all. Furthermore it was an offer to make a face to face transaction for cash. Much better than dealing with some one over the internet, IMHO.

Anyways, I wasn't trying to be an !ss. and good luck.

12. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'm sorry, I was just a little defensive there. I agree face-to-face transactions are nice, but that would not be possible as Pennsylvania is one BIG state and the number was a little too low. Thanks for your time, though.