iMac G4 10.4.3 Printer Error 13

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Steve1496, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place. If not, mods feel free to move it.

I've been meaning to post this for a long time now. My mom's iMac G4 has been working fine up until about a month after I installed Tiger on it. Her printer, an HP PSC 2510 All-In-One (attached via USB) mysteriously stopped working. As far as I know, it didn't happen after installing an update. I've tried updating HP's software for their printers, which didn't work, so I uninstalled the HP software. I've tried installing via System Preferences as well. However, now the printer is attached to the network since there's several computers using it (which all work fine). When trying to add the printer, I get:
    "An Unknown Error occured when trying to add the selected printers.
    Error 13"

She's running Tiger 10.4.3, 800MHz iMac G4 with 512 RAM, if it helps
    The printer is an HP PSC 2510

It'd be great to get this fixed as she's growing very frustrated without a printer.
    Thanks!!!

2. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

3. Steve1496 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Ok, so I did all of that tried to run the HP setup files. It asks for me to authenticate, and I do (under the Administrator account). After authenticating, it tells me I must have Administrator or greater priveleges. I am 100% sure I am using an admin account.

Any idea?

4. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

That was quite a list to follow and get no good result. Sorry that i have nothing else to offer other than suggest that you post on the Apple/Support/Discussions forums about this specific printer. Don't think I've seen your model specifically mentioned but many, many other models and brands. Good luck!