iMac G4 800 Superdrive Problem!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ColdFlame87, Apr 24, 2005.

1. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

Hey everyone, i recently reinstalled the system software into my computer and updated all the way to tiger, in antisipations for the new tiger. In the process i reinstalled the iMac Firmware update for the iMac and it said it had already been installed, which i had done previously but was unaware of remained even if everything on the hd was erased, the installation finished anyway and i continued, now whenever i try burning a DVD, both in the finder or/and in toast 6, i get a Buffer Underun error and the disk becomes useless, in the process of trying to get to what the problem might be i went through 10 dvd-r and still the same buffer underun problem, with no sucess in burning a single dvd-r this problem had not arisen before and i had secessfully burned dvd's in the past, does anyone have any insight or previous experience into what this may be, or how i can maybe uninstall the firmware update, in order to be able to reinstall it, i feel like the problem maybe be related to it but im not sure. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thankyou

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Does this happen at speeds other then Maximum? What other processes are you running while burning the disk?

Just curious

3. ColdFlame87 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, when i do burn a disk i tend to have a lot of programs up, but i tried it without any, exept the finder of course, and it still gave me that error, i dint know my drive had any slower speeds i think its been burning at 2x which is the maximun for this model of superdrive, im unable to test it at 1x because im out of dvd's but ill pick some up tomorrow and see how it works out