Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maladjusted

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Chicago
I recently bought a used G4 imac, which came with itunes 10.4. I upgraded the OS to 10.4.3 [it doesn't have the capacity for 10.5] and i tried to update itunes, as well. I downloaded itunes 7.5 through the apple site, and it downloaded, but when i tried to open it, i could not because it requires 10.4.7, at least.

So now i don't have itunes at all on my computer [just the icon in my dock with the question mark over it]. I found a few web sites where old versions of itunes could be downloaded, but they were all .exe files, which i can't download, or dmg files that would take hours to download. This is incredibly frustrating because the G3 ibook this imac replaced ran itunes 7 just fine.

Any suggestions on how to get itunes back [without having to upgrade the OS or memory, etc.] -- doesn't even have to be the new version. Thanks.

maladjusted

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Chicago
fixed!

:)
No need to reply anymore -- I read some similar posts and went about it in a kinda backdoor way -- since i couldn't download itunes with 10.4 as i had it and i couldn't just download 10.4.11 from apple.com, so i just 'asked' the imac to check for software updates, and when it told me to update to 10.4.11, I did. Then i was able [after a couple restarts] to download itunes 7.5. whew! but i do have a strange sense of accomplishment, though.

iCube

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Tell me about your G4

Glad you solved the problem! What speed is your G4? What size is the screen? I might buy a used 700MHz with a 15" screen for $275. How does it run?
Thanks!

Attachments

• imac_g4.jpg
    imac_g4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 222
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.