iMac G4 what can i do?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by n3092, Nov 1, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 3, 2009
    ok I recently bought an imac g4 17" 800mhz so far I upped it to 512mb of ram and I got 512 more on the way. I threw tiger on it and have it set up as my torrent box and itunes server. I'm gonna try F@H on it see how that does also but I don't think its gonna be to hot cause of the slow bus but I'll give it a try. Any I really wanna maximize my usage of this mac as much as possible I'm thinking of also turning it into an arcade with some older emulators. I got this for only 50 bucks and its almost mint the only thing is the neck is a little loose but nowhere near bad. Oh yeah and someone suggested squid proxy but I got unlimited bandwidth so if anyone has any ideas please send them my way.

oh yeah no fish tanks please

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

Aug 8, 2009
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 3, 2009
    My point is I would like some suggestions on what I could use this older system for besides what I had already said thats all.
  4. macrumors 65816

May 2, 2009
  5. macrumors 68040

Sep 17, 2009
    hmmm the question is what you want to do with it as actually its able to do exactly the same things as your other computers , maybe it takes some seconds more to do it ,but thats the only issue if you can call it a issue if a task takes 5 seconds or 10 seconds , as in most cases speed is not really important
    only thing to remember is it has only usb 1.1 , other than that its a fully usable computer :)