Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ljw1976

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
ive got a macbook aluminum but my mums pc has crashed so since my switch over to apple i have been over impressed with the stability of mac computers.

to cut a long story short i have had some great feedback from this site so wondering if you guys can help...

ive seen a 17inch imac g5 1.8ghz ppc processor..and is it possible to run most streaming internet sites like youtube!! bbc iplayer. etc etc..and also can it run windows 7 so she can play some chinese games via flash...??

basically does flash support the power this imac produces..??

merci a tout and waiting your response

Bennieboy©

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
england
a G5 will just about manage youtube, but dont expect any type of HD viewing so, no 720p or 1080, an flash based video will be pretty laggy but thats also to do with adobe not doing flash for apples,

Ljw1976

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
thanks once again..
but to end this query ..

im better off payng an extra few ukpounds for the dual core processor ..

if so..then will windows 7 be able to run on it..?/

not that i am windows fan but just so my mum can play some chinese falsh games based only for windows..

thanks once again

Bennieboy©

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
england
you cant run any type of windows based OS on a PPC system, so another core wont change that, if you want windows to run as a bootcamp option, you need an intel based system ;)

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
Try and track down one of the 2006 early Intel models, iMac or Macbook. Both of these can run Windows and are far more powerful then the G5 iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.