iMac G5 20" 2.0ghz Freezing!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mulletman13, Feb 26, 2006.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Hey everybody,

My friend jumped into the Mac world a couple months ago, and I've noticed that his iMac has a really nasty habit of freezing at times when just iTunes is open. He has all the newest updates installed, and I even put a fresh install of OS X on there, but nothing has fixed this. Regularly, about once every 4 or 5 days, it will just freeze completely and require a restart. Is this a hardware problem of some kind? Should he call Apple about it?

I just feel bad that I persuaded him to drop the money on an iMac, only to see it freezing more than his windows lappy did... especially when my iMac is perfect.

:-X

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

If it's new, you still have phone support. Call them and complain. If it's an intel mac, it might be one of the bugs, but hopefully it will be fixable. If not, fight for a replacement. Tell them it's virtually unusable.

3. mulletman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

It's a refurb that he got through the Apple refurb online store. It is still under warranty, so should he fill out a warranty replacement form? From what I can tell it seems to be something wrong with the hardware, since a fresh install of software didnt do anything :(

4. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

simple...I had the same problem in iTunes on my 20" iMac too...go into iTunes preferences and uncheck the box for "check for iTunes updates automatically"

5. iBunny macrumors 65816

Same with mine. Im sure its an iTunes problem tho they need fixex