iMac G5 20" Response Time

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by LGRW3919, Aug 1, 2005.

1. LGRW3919 macrumors regular

Anybody know what the response time would be on the iMac G5 20" (and the 17" for that matter)?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Arcus macrumors 6502a

On LCD monitors there is a rating for response time. Some are 24ms . Ive seen a good amount of 8ms LCDs lately. Its basically how fast the monitor refreshes or something like that. Faster = better lookings games and such. You dont get the ghosting effect when playing something like Quake 3.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well it could be a few things but I'm guessing you're right Arcus. :)

I'm also guessing that the response time on the iMacs is the same as that for all Apple's other displays, which is 16 ms according to their site.

5. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Are you asking how quickly they ship? We got our iMac G5 20" in about 10 days.

6. LGRW3919 thread starter macrumors regular

no, i was talking about the LCD monitors. i think it was answered though.
    speaking of imacs...
    check this link out

http://www.macosrumors.com/20050802C.php
    (down at the bottom)

i don't know macosrumors.com's track record, and i'm in the market for an iMac 20". could this happen and would it be worth it to wait?

7. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Ah, well, we watch DVD's on iMac G5 20" and it seems fine. We used to watch them on my PowerBook Pismo and that screen had a hard time with fast action.

8. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Ok to understand there credibilty just look at there first article over Mac OS X 10.5 "cheetah"....hehehe :D :D
    i quite often visit their site but to date i dont think any of there predictions have come true. But i always like the read. :p :p
    So to answer your question, i would say that i highly doubt that there will ever be a dual proc iMac especially since we are going over to Intel. What i do say is, the current iMac line is really good value for money and it is just an all-round excellent computer. If i was you i would just buy one now that is if you need it.I have an iMac 17' 1.8GHz and i am mighty happy with it.

Peace
    DjVoTeZ

9. LGRW3919 thread starter macrumors regular

yea a good friend has a 17" 1.8 iMac and i love it. I just have the money for a 20" and since i hear the monitor is better than an already decent LCD, i figured why not. A G5 will be hauling (with 1 GB RAM) on OS X for years to come.