iMac G5 20" Screen movement !

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by root729, Dec 31, 2004.

1. root729 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have been having a spot of trouble with apple over the LCD in my 20". Do any of you have a 20" and if so is there any movement of the LCD inside the white case? On the 3 iMacs I have been sent and the one new screen for me to replace, all have moved inside the white case. This is only if you push the screen on the edge of the sides. The edge of the screen moves back about 1mm and then back again. I told this to apple and they say it
    should have no movement at all and it should be replaced. Now on my fourth LCD and all being the same I think that apple do not know what they are talking about and wonder if anyone else has this "problem"? If apple said to me on the first call that "yes there is movement" then I would have been happy but it is them telling me it is no good !

Its a shame as its a great bit of kit and I cant get it set up until I know its a good one.

Cheers for now.
    Tony.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Not having an iMac, I would assume that since you've had four different screens it is simply how the computer is built, but that is not always the case with Apple, I can only hope that someone else, who has an iMac will reply with their report. Good luck! :)