IMAC G5 20" update

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Kengineer, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Kengineer macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2005
    Anyone know whether or not the IMACs are going to be updated in the next few months?

I am starting to look for a new computer (switching from a PC to a MAC) and trying to get a handle on when possible updates might be released if any. I would hate to buy in the next couple months when all I had to do was wait until the end of the year.

Thanks for the help...:)
  2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Not to be another bitchy Apple addict, but it's iMac. A single capital letter. Aesthetics are important not only in the computer but the name. :)
  3. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.
    The iMac G5 were just updated in May 2005. There is a slim to none chance that there will be an update until MWSF JAN 2006. :)
  4. FF_productions macrumors 68030

Apr 16, 2005
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    the iMac's are the best deal apple has, I don't know how much better Apple can make that machine.... :confused:
  5. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    I think the only way they can make them better than they are now is adding HUGE hard drives. Like 300GB standard and like 2.3GHz proccesors.

But I don't think that'll ever happen ;)
  6. RobHague macrumors 6502

Jul 8, 2005
    No harm waiting till the Christmas season? What its sept now so give it 2 months (if your not in a rush that is) and get one in December - most likley any updates will have happened by then.
  7. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Certainly if you are willing to wait that long then MWSF might be very likely for an update. It all depends on how soon that you want to get a new Mac.