iMac G5 - Amazon.com shipping - Eagle USA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by asencif, Dec 22, 2005.

1. asencif macrumors 6502

Just got notice from amazon.com that my order for an iMac G5 2.1 20'inch has shipped, however to my shock I see that Eagle USA is the shipper. Anyone ever heard of them or bought from amazon who used this company for their order? Worried that this unknown company might drop my mac and just toss it around.

2. wiggy4ever macrumors member

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

Don't worry, if anything happens you can return it to Amazon.

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

This seems like a smaller company, so I bet they'll be extra careful:)
    If it were FedEx it would get beaten up.

5. asencif thread starter macrumors 6502

I manage to put in my tracking number on that site and it found an entry which is good news so far. Just hope everything turns out ok...Especially when it comes to an iMac G5. Thanks guys just was unaware about them using someone other than UPS and USPS since that is all they every used to ship things to me before which were just books and DVD's. Anyone else had experience with Eagle USA?

6. asencif thread starter macrumors 6502

Updated: Amazon.com shipping - Eagle USA

To everyone who is ever going to order from amazon.com beware when they use Eagle USA shipping. It turns out they were horrible as they lost my iMac G5. At least amazon.com is going to ship me another, although not as soon since they are booked with tons of similar issues.

7. osustudent macrumors member

That really really sucks. Hopefully you'll get your computer soon.

8. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

My 20" from Amazon is shipping with UPS. When I order books, Amazon always ships with USPS or UPS. I don't know why you got Eagle. :confused:

9. asencif thread starter macrumors 6502

It goes to show that the more well-known delivery companies are better eventhough they are busy they can handle a full load of items. The only reason I think they used Eagle USA was because UPS and Fedex had too many orders to fill.

10. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I would email Amazon and complain about Eagle's service. Did you pay for shipping? Amazon will always credit your shipping charge if something happens during transit. Also, I would demand some type of compensation. Amazon upgraded my iPod to overnight shipping and emailed me a $25 coupon when someone at UPS stole the actual iPod out of the package. Eagle must be something new they are trying (most likely because of the backlog of shipments because of the holiday season). I've never received anything from Amazon from any other shipping company besides UPS.

That said. Amazon is great. I purchased a PowerMac G5 from them with no shipping charge, no sales tax, an A9 discount, $100 less than the Apple Store price and a $200 mail-in rebate.

11. loonranger macrumors newbie

Eagle Shipping: It does not look good

I just ordered a large item from Amazon. I received a notice from Amazon that the item has shipped, and would arrive in 2-3 days via Eagle USA. Never heard of EUSA, but used its tracking link to follow-up. For what it's worth, here are some observations: 1) very poor site -- not user-friendly, with limited information; 2) hard to find (try typing "Eagle USA shipping" into Google, and you'll see what I mean); and, 3) either EUSA or Amazon are being less than accurate with representations. Amazon claimed delivery in 2-3 days, maximum; the EUSA site claims shipping was by "5-day Ground" with delivery in 5 business days. Big difference. We shall see.

12. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

no help on this but... in the future just upgrade shipping.
    what is another $20-$30 to get it in 2 days via a reputable carrier?

13. abdulrkamal macrumors newbie

Eagle USA Shipping

I just bought a LCD TV from Amazon. Amazon site says that the package has been shipped through Eagle USA and there is a tracking number also. Anybody knows how to track this shipment ?.

14. je1ani macrumors 6502

15. iMan G5 macrumors member

Incase you didn't read at all(you didn't) this thread is over TWO years old. They bought it when the iMac G5's were current. Try reading the dates next time. Also, iMac G5's still are a great computer.

16. ChrisA macrumors G4

It's the only way to get an iMac with a decent LCD screen. You either have to find "new old stock" or buy a used or re-furbished iMac.