iMac G5 Auto ON??/

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StokeLee, Jul 5, 2005.

1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

is it possible to turn my iMac on at a given time? and open a program , say itunes,,, or q widget (say for the radio)
    each time i use spotlight, or help, it sends me to the system preferences where you can change the sounds files,,,,,

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Go to the System Prefs. Click on energy saver, and then schedule. It should let you set a time to start up.

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

You can schedule your Mac to start up using System Preferences->Energy Saver->Schedule as described above.

I would then write a quick Automator script to open iTunes and select whatever it is you'd like to play. Save the script as an application and have the Mac launch it at login. System Preferences->Accounts->Login Items.

4. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Very cool. iMac as an alarm clock. I might try that when I move and the iMac is in my room. I used to use my iPod as an alarm clock, but the whole speaker system deal was crappy and messy.

5. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

OR...

Instead of writing an Automator action, just add whatever song or sound or podcast to your startup items in Sys Prefs --> Accounts (I think that's where it is). That's what I did and it works fine for me.