iMac G5 Display stays dim after sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by forthebrave, Mar 15, 2006.

1. forthebrave macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2004
    I just got my iMac G5 FIRST GENERATION back from repairs. First of all got to tell you that my iMac G5 has been to the hospital more than any computer I've owned, problem after problem, I almost though I bought a replica from Taiwan called " iMag G5 " it seemed to breakdown so much. Ok... anyway.... another problem just evolved, for some odd reason everytime my computer dims before going into SLEEP MODE, it stays that brightbness and I can't get it to come back?? I unchecked the " automatically reduce brightness before sleep " option and when my display goes to sleep the brightness is still reduced and I can't get it to go any brighter?!!!?? If I restart it comes back to normal. Any advice, or do I have to lug this thing back to the APPLE STORE for honestly the 5th time!!?
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Reset the PRAM, although it probably won't help. There are some energy and display settings in the PRAM but I doubt this is your problem. It's still worth a try.

Then maybe create a new account and see if the same problem occurs.

Since you've had so much grief with this machine, I'd see if you can get a replacement machine from Apple. Macs are meant to just work. Tell Apple you've tried these two techniques and that you've had some seriously bad history with this thing. Hopefully you'll get a brand spanka. :cool: