Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Check out this amazing wooden stand/kiosk for an iMac. Click

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 275

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
looks cool. they should put foot-pedals at the base so you can adjust brightness or turn it on/off with our feet (customizable and connected via bluetooth :D)

edit: and they should put a printer into the wood, so it doesn't look like a printer but just a slot in the wood (like the slot-loading drives except wider)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
wide said:
looks cool. they should put foot-pedals at the base so you can adjust brightness or turn it on/off with our feet (customizable and connected via bluetooth :D)

maybe for brightness/volume, but certainly not power! that thing would be turned on and off waaay too much then!

i just can't see anyone buying this though, sure it looks nice, but doesn't exactly fit in either

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
That is Gorgeous

This is not to be meant "practical" in the sense we use our Macs. It is for something very special and haute couture. The trackpad shoulod be centered, and bigger.

If I had plenty of disposable income, I would buy one...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
BrianKonarsMac said:
wow talk about ugly and worthless.

they should have just glued the mac on a block of wood, if this is your definition of gorgeous well...nevermind i'll be civil.

also for all practical purposes, i'd love to see you melt your motherboard without any ventilation. someone obviously had too much spare time and no eye for design.

there is ventilation, look at the QT vr on the site, it is a great design, but i dont see many businesses taking advangae of it

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
WOW :eek: That is Cool. I realize it's not meant to replace a desk but as a kiosk in a hotel or what have you. I would just wonder how durable it is as most kiosk for lobby's tend to be build like tanks and with good reason.

Definatly a interesting look.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Wow, that's really cool. It's great for the places mentioned on the site (hotels, shows, etc). Definitely not for the home though. Like the look of the wood too.

But I just have to ask... iWood? :D

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Daveway said:
Did anyone get the price tag? Looks extremely expensive. :eek:

Yea they probably are. Not sure if it means anything, but in the 'Where to buy' page, there isn't any U.S. contact info.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I doubt individuals can purchase it either. I could see it in something like bath and body works or similar "organic" type stores where you can browse their online catalog.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.