iMac G5 Froze

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vouder17, Jul 29, 2005.

1. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Ok i have done the search, i have been to apples website, but i have no answer to what happened to me earlier. So i am making this thread.
    A few hours ago my iMac G5 just froze for no reason at all, and some text came up on the screen just like when u boot up in Single User Mode, but i could still see the website i had open in the background. I ran the apple hardware test and nothing seemed to be wrong there. I ran disk utility and all seems good. I ran fsck and that was also ok. My comp seems to be running fine now, but i just don't have an explanation for what happened. Maybe one of you apple gurus here can help me.

Ok thanks in advance
    DjVoTeZ

PS: i am running 10.4.2

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That sucks. :(

So you were just web browsing when it froze? What apps were open?

3. vouder17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Yep i wasnt doing anything special.I actually just highlighted some text and then it froze. I had Safari, Azureus, iTunes and Mail open. That was it....I hope it isnt serious :(

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, that's crazy. Sorry, but it's way over my head. You're saying the text that came up wasn't the usual kernel panic screen telling you to restart in about ten different languages, right?

I reckon this could be a job for Apple Care. :(

5. vouder17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Yep it was different to the kernel panic screen...hmm I guess i will have to call apple on monday. But thanks for the replies.