iMac G5 image quality help needed!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kalinatek, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Kalinatek macrumors regular

i just got my 2.0 iMac toady with superdrive and upgraded the ram to 1GB , and also bought the HK Soundsticks 2 , everything is nearly great.. but
    When i uploaded some pics from my sony digital cam(1 MP Pics) to my imac they didnt look that good , they nearly looked like pics that were taken using a mobile phone not a digital cam,then i checked some websites , one of them was webshots.com the pics their didnt look that good also , the quality was bad. it was better on my older P4 winxp PC.

i tried to configure the display and other stuff related to the color but no use am not sure whats wrong or what should i do here , any help would be appreciated , thanks everyone.

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hello and welcome!
    When you say not so good is it the color thats off or is the picture look like the pixels are bad (fuzzy/almost missing)?
    I would say a 1 MP shot may not look great but it should look ok. I have some pictures that are from a 2 MP Coolpix camera and some look great others well you can tell it was my first camera. Could you post a picture of one in question or give a bit more info.?

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

When I first switched back to Mac, I wasn't particularly happy with the way the displays looked. However, they quickly grew on me. That *might* have something to do with it, but maybe not. Post a picture or two, and we'll see how they look.

4. Kalinatek thread starter macrumors regular

the pics look like ,,,,eemm u know when u switch windows from 32bit to 16bit it looks like that,, the pics look a bit crappy .... just like that , but on the other hand some pics look great..