Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smitty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
I got my computer about 2 years ago and it was fine for 18 months then in december it died.
I took it too apple they put a new power supply in it got it home and it went dead. After that i took it back in and they put a new logic board in it which i paid for abd it worked for 2 months but then died again same problem as before . So i take it back in they put another logic board in it get it home works for 2 hours and it dies again. This has been going on for 6 mounths what can i do about it? They wont give me a new computer or anything just wondering if some of you could help me out.

Cheers

blackslayer

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2007
I got my computer about 2 years ago and it was fine for 18 months then in december it died.
I took it too apple they put a new power supply in it got it home and it went dead. After that i took it back in and they put a new logic board in it which i paid for abd it worked for 2 months but then died again same problem as before . So i take it back in they put another logic board in it get it home works for 2 hours and it dies again. This has been going on for 6 mounths what can i do about it? They wont give me a new computer or anything just wondering if some of you could help me out.

Cheers

Oh mine, I have a Imac G5(isight) too and the screen seems to be dimming. blah. Anyway, I suggest you bring it down and negotiate with them about it?

Smitty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
I rang up the repair place and they said that they can't replace the machine because it's out of warrenty which would be fair enough, but they cant fix it and im without a computer and i need it for college as i am in my final year and all my work needs to be done buy the 17th of june and i have loads of work to catch up with. I just dont want to fail because apple cant sort themselves out tbh:(

macdot

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
If you're out of warranty I don't exactly get why you're upset with AppleCare. If you're a student there may be computer rentals through your school's library or tech department.

Smitty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
I am annoyed because i have spent £600 on a new logic board and it still does not work. Would you not be slightly annoyed? Also they have been trying to fix it for months and they cant so i am all together £1600 down and still have no computer and have lots of outstanding work!!!

benzslrpee

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
if you got a cam that has video capabilities your iMac may recognize it as a webcam. i frequently use my Sanyo as a webcam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.