Imac g5 Mac Os X snow leopard problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by HINAYUPAKS, Nov 15, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi there guys. i need a expert help from all you who knows exactly my problem is. but first i will tell you the story how this problem starts. my boss ask me to change her imac g5 os x snow leopard into xp. so i decided to install a bootcamp. the badthing is. i dnt read the manual that it cannot be boot from USB ext. cd drive. i put the xp cd there. and then the mac os ask me to reboot the pc... and there the problem starts.. the imac g5 wont boot anymore. it stays on the white screen with Apple Logo in the center.. i tried almost all the possible way.. ON Single User mode it freezes there... and never ever do anything. it will stays there forver saying LOADING.. something..... i tried to reboot from the cd drive of i mac... by pressing combo keys' CMD+OPT+SHIFT+DELETE and CMD+OPT+SHIFT+DELETE+# and "C" but it wont work... i dnt know if the optical eye of the cd drive can read or not. or maybe it cannot accept winxp Cd rom bootable installer, and the other problem is i dnt have the installer of mac osx snow leopard. so i am fuc** up hahaha anyone can help me? is there any other way? i would appriciate if u could help me .. and i will gonna promote this forum. if i find this very helpfull thanks in advance .. and i am hopingthat i can get immediate answers :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. macrumors 603

swiftaw

Are you sure it's a G5 and not an intel? Since both Snow Leopard and Bootcamp are only available on Intel machines.

3. macrumors member

Great example of why this message board needs an active moderator.

4. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

It does. Loads of them, infact.

OP. If you want a quicker reply, reformat your post. Its rather unreadable.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry dude im not really good in english sorry if there's a grammar error.

6. macrumors regular

Mike Macintosh

Are you sure it's a G5, because G5's are PPC, and Snow Leopard doesn't work on PPC machines, let alone bootcamp.

7. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The G3, G4, and G5 are all PPC instruction chips.

The Intel machines are old fashioned x86 chips, only these can run Snow Leopard and Windows.

Quite sure if you read the Windows box it'll list x86 CPUs and so does Snow Leopard (Intel - Core Duo, Core2Duo, i5, i7, Xeons.)

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm i thinks its Intel.. its white 27inches

it looks like this

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

yes exaclty dude... did u know how to fix my problem? :(

10. Guest

spinnerlys

If it's the iMac you linked, it's a new 27-inch iMac, with a Core 2 Duo or i5/7 quad core CPU, not a G5 PPC CPU.

There are also no white variants of this 27-inch iMac.

G5 iMac
    [​IMG]

Intel iMacs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry its not white.... it gray sorry for that ... :)

12. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

13. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok sorry guys i am a firsttime imac user... its my first time to use mac os.. i dnt really have the idea about this... but i know how it works. the problem is i dont read manuals. this is my lesson. i cant see the real specs now because its not booting up.. no specs or models outside the case. but b4 i do the bootcamp thing installed... i saw the specs but i cannot fully remember.. its intel dual core
    2gig memory 400+ gigabye of harddrive and the case color is gray...

14. thread starter macrumors newbie

15. thread starter macrumors newbie

as exactly as this :)

16. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Your best bet is to find the restore disks (its less than a month old so they couldn't have gone very far) and reboot and run Disk Utility and repair the Mac OS partition of the disk.

17. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hopefully, you have not used bootcamp to format the wrong volume.

If you got the wired mouse you should be able to hold down the mouse button to eject the XP disc and put in the System Restore Disc that came with the machine in order to run Disk Utility to look at the partitions and how they are formatted.

Others have noted a possible problem with wireless keyboards on the new machines.

So you might have to grab an old Apple wired keyboard to get the command-s and c working.

18. thread starter macrumors newbie

Where do you think i can find recovery disk? i stayed for almost 6 hours now in the net.. but i havent found 1 for that... so i decided to download at torrent the 7.5gb of installer... and my connection sux... in 3 hours i have 11.6% done hahahah

19. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Came in the new box a couple weeks ago, and it has to be the ones that came with this machine or a model exactly like it ... they are keyed to the Mac model number.

20. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I would suggest you look for the original disks that came with the iMac. I would not download anything.

21. thread starter macrumors newbie

22. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Shouldn't take long to boot from the CD or into single user using command S.

You can hold down the option key to see if there are any bootable volumes.

23. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

So you have the XP disk in an external dvd drive, correct? Can you remove it from the drive and place it in the side slot drive?

24. thread starter macrumors newbie

ey that was nice... i press the OPTION button and the icon shows in the center then i click it and then my MAC OS boot up... what the fuc* ... it been looking for the solutions for almost 1 day.. and 6 hours the solution is that? wow thanks a lot man...

Solutions:

Press Down Option Key when you heard the chimes...
    CLick the icon and wait..

Then Thats It

Thank you very much Sunbaked :) i owe you one.. ill be back

25. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Please. Read the instructions before you proceed any further.