Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HINAYUPAKS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
last Question...

When i insert the Disk.. what is the proper face of the cd b4 insert it to the diskdrive at the side? is it the readable area facing at me or facing at the back?

HINAYUPAKS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
can i take over the entire disk for windows xp?

is it possible to take over the entire disk for windows xp? i will gonna erase totally the MAC os is this safe?

HINAYUPAKS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
You can but its advisable to have a small (say 30GB) partition to boot into OSX incase of firmware upgrades to your iMac. OSX can also be booted from an external (USB or FireWire) drive, as well.

ok which os should i put to the 30gb? the Xp or MAC osx? is the chipsets of this intel imac avaible for windows xp?
is the firmware automaticall updates to the internet? or manually?

HINAYUPAKS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
If you mostly use XP, then make the OSX partition the smaller one. Apple only releases firmware updates under OSX so you will have to boot into OSX occasionally and check for updates.

I see thanks a lot for the help man... ill be in touch if i have another question.. and i hope this forum will help to a new imac users thanks a lot :) :) :) :) :apple:

HINAYUPAKS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
Under XP, bring up bootcamp in the tray on the lower right. There you can set the default startup partition. You will need your original OSX disk with the bootcamp drivers on it to install this.

awts... i dnt have disk for osx. and i formated entire for xp disk i made 3 partitions.. XP disk... backup disk and the reserve for OSX if i buy the cd soon..

Is there other way to do that?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Sorry dude im not really good in english sorry if there's a grammar error.
The problem is not necessarily English, as in you don't know what a preposition is. The problems are: spelling, formatting and having sentences that are coherent. While it might be being the grammar police, it's not clear and sometimes annoying. Generally speaking, this forum embraces the idea of using cohesive sentences and spelling things correctly.

It's against the rules to assist in the pirating of software. The OP seems to already have torrented stuff illegally, but that's another discussion. (OP, you should read the rules, I believe you are supposed to do that when joining)

when in doubt ...... RTFM !
QFT

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
It's against the rules to assist in the pirating of software. The OP seems to already have torrented stuff illegally, but that's another discussion. (OP, you should read the rules, I believe you are supposed to do that when joining)
Well, yes, but in this instance I think obtaining bootcamp if you can't find the appropriate disks that you paid for already is hardly a case of Long John Silver in Treasure Island. Downloading software that you have not paid for is pirating. Obtaining a copy of something that you paid for but lost is different, if only slightly. ;)

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Well, yes, but in this instance I think obtaining bootcamp if you can't find the appropriate disks that you paid for already is hardly a case of Long John Silver in Treasure Island. Downloading software that you have not paid for is pirating. Obtaining a copy of something that you paid for but lost is different, if only slightly. ;)

It seemed like the OP was already torrenting something to begin with. Also, if it's the restore discs the OP is trying to get a copy of:
1. How have they already been lost?
2. How does the OP plan on getting those off of a torrent? - I suppose just a 10.6 disc will work
3. Those are not free, replacement restore discs cost money - therefore I believe that the OP is pirating? If not they are pirating OSX, if you look at the Psystar ruling, the practice of illegally obtaining a license, even when having a legitimate license - still illegal. It may not be as applicable here, but there seems to be some shenanigans regardless. I wasn't accusing you of breaking the rules here, trying to get the OP to understand some of them.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
...OP, if the iMac is still in the return period, please return it and buy a winXP, vista, win7 machine as you want to wipe OS X and install winXP anyway = you'll save yourself a bunch of $$ also...

HINAYUPAKS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
Ok sorry

My first thought was actually: Really, you really want to explain this to him/her...

Sorry if i offended you, :) actually i am not continuing downloading the torrent stuff i know where going to put my place, and the thing is that, i am a first time imac and mac os user. i really dont use to a pirated stuff or something. when i attempt to download on torrent its just because i dont have a choice for now. because you know what? i am 10 hours away for where i can buy a legal cd for this stuff. my point here is that i want to fix this asap, and because someone is willing to help, i solve my problem. and i will thank them for this, but also i wanna thank you, for commenting at least i know what your point is, and i appreciate that. dont missunderstood me man. good day to you all and i thank you again , :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.