iMac G5 mods?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by livingfortoday, Feb 26, 2006.

1. macrumors 68030

Ok, this is going to sound weird... but. Has anyone seen any major iMac G5 mods anywhere on the net? I can't seem to find anything past fan mods. I've been trying really hard to find a good project to start on, and that PC in a G5 posted in this thread really has me goin' now. So. I've seen the PC in a G3 iMac mod, anyone seen anything major done to a G5?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and if this is in the wrong part of the forum, please feel free to move it where it belongs. I just figured people in this thread might know.

2. tag
    macrumors 6502a

tag

Well this is a G3 but hey, maybe you could make one out of a G5? :p

EDIT: Ah just realized you said iMac not powermac. Sorry.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors regular

chasingapple

WOOHOO! Where do I get me one of those?!!!

4. macrumors 68030

Platform

Just to ask..are you going to heavily mod a Rev C iMac....:eek: ...it's brand new :confused:

5. thread starter macrumors 68030

No no no! Oh, lord no! That would be a crime. Also, it would void my warranty :p . I'm thinking of getting the outside shell of an iMac and playing around with that a bit, to see what I can do with it. I've seen people put an LCD and PC into a G3 iMac, and I thought about doing something similar. I've just got a lot of worries, however, (primarily heat and clearance), so I wanted to see if anyone else had tried anything similar.

It's weird, you don't really appreciate how ingenious Apple's designs are until you try to emulate them.