Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
Howdy,

I'm not sure what is going on, but twice this morning my iMac G5 (which has never had any problem before) randomly lost power. The first time, I checked that all the cords were plugged in nice and tight, and then turned it right back on. The second time, it didn't want to turn back on. I plugged the cord into a different socket on the strip, and it worked fine. So, naturally, I thought that that socket must have failed....but it hasn't, I plugged something else in there and it worked just fine (though, it's not pulling as much juice as the iMac...)

Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Sorry to hear about your difficulty. The best thing might be to take your iMac to the Apple Store to have it checked by a Mac Genius. Hopefully it's just something simple. Better to be safe than sorry.

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
UPDATE: Took the iMac into the Apple Store. About two hours later I had the ol' iMac back with a new power supply.

Now, however, I'm having trouble running iBackup -- we'll see how this works out...doing hardware test right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.