iMac G5 RAM - Will this be acceptable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Verto, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

I'm looking at this 1GB stick of RAM from NewEgg, but am understandably hesitant about buying it before I've gotten about eight opinions on it. ;)

I did a search on Crucial for my 2.0 Ghz iMac G5, then using the specs for the RAM it brought up, I did a search on New Egg. As near as I can tell, these are identical to the RAM Crucial was saying would work, but I just want to be extra sure before I order it.
    Brand: Crucial
    Model: CT12864Z40B.16T
    Type: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Capacity: 1GB
    Speed: DDR 400 (PC 3200)
    Cas Latency: 3
    Voltage: 2.6V
    ECC: No
    Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
    Heat Spreader: No
    Manufacturer Warranty Lifetime

This RAM is $106.00 by the way.

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

I don't know the technical answer to this, but I ordered two 1 GB sticks of RAM from NewEgg for my iMac 20" 2.0 G and they work perfectly (and the iMac runs a LOT faster with the RAM maxed out). The brand is "Patriot."

HTH,

Bob

3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

2x512MB should be plenty for 99% of users. Anything higher is really for power users who use Final Cut Pro or Photoshop.

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yeah that's the stick I got for mine and it's been great so far as I'll be getting another stick (I hope) this week from them.

5. Verto thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verto

Great, that's what I wanted to hear - I really would hate to buy this, only to have it be the wrong type for my iMac. I'll BUMP this thread for further exposure, just to make sure. I'm waiting for a check to clear and raise my acct balance, or at least that's what I'm doing now...I may get impatient and just order it now - maybe a treat for myself once I finish this paper I'm supposed to be typing!