iMac G5 rev B... When?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cawiddis, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2004
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1
    So no news in January about Rev B for the iMac G5...

    Are there any rumors out there about an ETA on the next Rev?

    Chuckles
     
  2. macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Sol III - Terra
    #2
    I'd say that the Rev B iMac G5s will be announced after the next revision of the PowerMacs. And that will be somewhere between now and the end of June.

    Sometimes it's worth waiting for an update and sometimes one should just go and buy a machine.
     
  3. macrumors 65816

    Savage Henry

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2004
    Location:
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    #3
    I'm pretty sure Apple will wait for the euphoric honeymoon of the Mac Mini to die down and stock movements assume a normal pattern (say four months) before the revB iMac comes out.

    And when it does it's the one for me. :cool:
     
  4. macrumors 68030

    Platform

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2004
    #4
    What will be changed

    GPU gf 6200
    CPU 2.0Ghz
    HDD 160GB
    RAM 512MB :confused:

    Anything else
     
  5. macrumors 68020

    miloblithe

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2003
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #5
    It doesn't seem terribly likely that it would be a major revision, given that it's a new platform and the Powermac ceiling isn't all that high and isn't likely to be all that much higher.
     
  6. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    #6
    IF Apple has listened, then a GPU bump or bto option too. Yep, I'm orderin the first day rev B is announced.
     
  7. macrumors 68000

    aafuss1

    Joined:
    May 5, 2002
    Location:
    Gold Coast, Australia
    #7
    One of the posters mentioned a GF 6200-as far I know, it's PCI Express only on PC's (the 6600 has a AGP counterpart).
     

Share This Page