iMac G5 - very quiet.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shuurajou, May 26, 2006.

1. shuurajou macrumors regular

Hi Folks,

I have an original iMac G5 20". No iSight or frontrow.

Ever since installing tiger I fancy that the speakers maximum volume has been too quiet. Is this a known issue? Is there anyway I can turn them up louder? This only seems to have been an issue since when I first installed OS X Tiger. Before then, it seemed to be fine and I didn't have to turn it up close to maximum to achieve a volume louder than I liked.

Hope you can help or have any recommendations :).

I'm not deaf btw ;).

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Is this a joke? I have a rev.B and its quiet only when idle/not_heavily_loaded. If the CPU is 100% busy, its pretty loud!

3. eji macrumors 6502

eji

@ eXan: He's talking about the speaker volume, not the fan volume. Read the whole post before giving a snotty reply.

@ shuurajou: No, my speakers are fine, and I'm running the same OS on the same iMac model. Are you having trouble with every kind of sound, including system alerts? Remember that there are two volume controls for many apps, the app volume and the system volume.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I never had Panther on my iMac but the speakers are fine all the same. Are we all talking about the internal speakers BTW, or is it also quiet when using external speakers/headphones? :)

5. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Checked the balance in System Prefs? It has changed on me a couple of times randomly.

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

My speakers are pretty loud and I've got the same iMac as BlizzardBomb maybe I have never experienced the loudness as its never run Panther....DUnno what the fix could be maybe your volume bar in iTunes is turned down?

SHadoW

7. shuurajou thread starter macrumors regular

Sadly, the balance is right, and the volume is right in system preferences. Also, the volume is right in any applications I am using also. These are indeed the internal speakers.