iMac G5 w/ iSight -> iMac (intel)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kaioshin, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Kaioshin macrumors member


    Jul 17, 2006
    Šoštanj, Slovenia
    Good day.

    I have been saving up money for the last few months, and now I have enough to do what I want. I plan on "updating" my 17 inch iMac G5 with built in iSight to the newest 20 inch (Intel) model. I have a few questions about this...

    1. I am able to "trade in" my current iMac to the reseller, and he is willing to buy it from me, but I have to make him the offer. This is the 1.9 GHz G5 model with 1.5 GiB of DDR2 RAM. How much do you think I can try and sell it for, and how low should I be willing to do if I have to bargain?

    2. Should I wait and see if Core 2 Duo chips are introduced in the upcoming WWDC (and wait and update to that instead)?

    3. Is the graphic card update (128 MiB GDDR3 video RAM -> 256 MiB) worth the extra wait? I play WoW and will most likely want to play some other games, too. I already plan on updating RAM to the maximum capacity.

    I apologize if I sound annoying, if these questions have been asked before or for anything else, but I would appreciate the answers.
  2. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    I would wait till after WWDC '06 before buying anything at this point. :)

    Personally, I would go for the extra VRAM, it is not something you can upgrade later, so I would just buy it now and enjoy the extra performance when using your iMac for gaming. :)
  3. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

    Jun 30, 2005
    Wait until WWDC just incase something happens but if not, then purchase your new iMac then and there. :)

Share This Page