iMac G5 wireless internet problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Atlasland, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Atlasland macrumors 6502

Aug 20, 2005
    London, UK
    • Ok, well I had a nice happy wireless connection... until I installed the 10.4.7 update. Now I ain't got sh*t.

No wireless connection. Occasionally my iMac G5 will momentarily discover my wireless network, but as soon as I try to connect, my iMac looses it again - I get the message:

"There was an error connecting to Home network" (or something like that).

• I tried fiddling with the settings, changing channel etc, even renaming my home network, and trying to connect to that. But, no dice.

About 6 months ago I had some problems with Airport, but a software update seemed to fix all that [though I'm not sure it was the update, could have been something else]. It seems that this latest update screwed it up again.

And now my iMac has no internet. Brilliant. These were the kind of problems I left Windows to avoid.

• Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Could it be being caused by interference from other wireless networks in the vacinity? - there are 2 other networks that my iMac picks up sporadically.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    If you put the router right next to the iMac, do you get the same issues? :)