iMac handle

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by dualburn001, Nov 24, 2002.

1. dualburn001 macrumors regular

The weirdest thing has recently occured to my iMac. Out of nowhere the arm was able to rotate a full 360 degrees but then when i move it up and down it makes strange noises and is very rigid in its movement. If anyone knows how to help me, please do!

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: iMac handle

All i can say is that i hope you have applecare. because its gonna cost you.

iJon

3. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

dont want to get annoying, but the arm is really pissing me of now nd id love neones help

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

5. diorio macrumors 6502a

I too am confused.:confused:

6. MisterBlack macrumors member

Translates to "I don't want to get annoying, but the arm is really pissing me off now, and I'd love anyone's help."

This is in reference to his original comment about the malfunctioning iMac arm.
    Unfortunately, confused "huh?"-type response will not get him on the phone with tech support any more quickly. I am inclined to agree with iJon. Computers are guaranteed to break; how they choose to do so is the only question. Applecare is the answer for quick and free fixes.

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

when you think about it, the imacs have been out for less than a year. that means your imac is covered under warranty, but only for a couple more months. take it in, get it fixed, and buy applecare for that nice imac of yours. i guarentee you that there isnt a single part in that imac besides ram that is cheaper than that applecare. buy it, best investment you will ever make.

iJon