iMac has arrived. Return was unecessary.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ripfrankwhite, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

I recieved my replacement 24" iMac on Monday. I returned it because I was gettting kernel panics and didn't know why. Applecare was unable to resolve the issue so they sent me a new one. Well, this one did it too. Same problem with the exact same cause.

To make a long story short, it was only my Airport Extreme base station. It just needed to be reset.

At least this new one doesn't have any dead/stuck pixels. The last one had about five of them in a little patch at the bottom.

2. climhazzard85 macrumors member

climhazzard85

I'm surprised that the aiport base station could cause kernel panicks? Wow...well whatever, at least its fine now.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Good for you, at least you fixed your dead pixel problem. I still have not seen any official policy from Apple on dead pixels. 5 of them is kind of scary for a new buyer.:confused:

4. aquajet macrumors 68020

It's reassuring to know that a hinky base station can cause your machine to kernel panic. :confused: :rolleyes:

5. minnesotamacman macrumors regular

LOL, for sure!

6. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Congrats though. Enjoy your iMac!

(someone will be getting a nice refurb unit at some point)

7. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I'd tell you, but somebody at Apple would pr8bably kill me.

8. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Man. I've been dying for a 24" but with all these threads I might just wait. Would waiting for a 30" be worthwhile ;)

9. Rychiar macrumors 6502

Rychiar

so does yours have the brightness hum problem? I sent mine back and they shipped me a brand new one and it has it even worse so im started to think this effects the whole line based on how many complaints i see:mad:

10. ripfrankwhite thread starter macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

Actually this thread was meant to retract the complaint that I had with the first. I wanted to let people know that there was nothing wrong the the first and that there is one less complaint, since the first wasn't the iMacs fault.

11. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

With 5 stuck pixels. Niice :D

12. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I sure wish I knew what "kernel panics" were.. my head just auto thinks kinky pancakes.. but anyway.. I hope these things get fixed by apple..

13. jTreu macrumors 6502

if i bought a new imac and it came with 5 dead pixels id be pissed as hell, espeicially if they were all in the same area.