iMac IKEA Desk: JONAS VS MICKE

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by IxD3ViiLx, Jun 22, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey Guys, I'm buying an iMac 27" this weekend and need to buy a suitable desk. I have read the other threads, please don't direct me to them. I am looking for personal opinions on two IKEA Computer desks. The JONAS and The MICKE. ( Search them on IKEA if you dont own one) What would be the better desk to have for the iMac? If you have pictures of either, please, post them :) - Thanks, Devil. Please give as much detail as possible when replying.

2. adcx64, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

macrumors 65816

adcx64

Why not just buy the one that you think is better?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Asking your your personal oppion on both desks, would you have the colour in BLACK or OAK (On a wooden floor)

4. macrumors newbie

I found a few images of the desks with iMacs on Google Images. I think the Micke is more of an aesthetic compliment to the iMac than the Jonas.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,
    Would you say that an Oak or a Black desk would suit the most? (Wooden Floor)

6. macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

7. macrumors newbie

I have the black Micke on wooden floors and the white drawers seem off.

If you search for the desks on google there are quite a few images of both desks on wooden floors. I almost feel like the Jonas actually looks better with wooden floors. Hmm...

8. macrumors 68030

fhall1

9. macrumors 68020

zen.state

Hunt down a used Jerker. Best Ikea desk (and maybe best by anyone other than anthrocart) ever made but they stopped about 3 years ago. I have the black/brown with 2 shelves and a keyboard tray. Because people are still after these a lot you can often find them on craigslist for 75-150 depending on exact setup. It was a very customizable desk and could be expanded almost into infinity. Love mine.

Here is a photo of one. This is not mine specifically but mine is exactly the same desk with the same amount of shelf addons:

[​IMG]

10. macrumors 68020

zen.state

Good question. When I responded I was of the mindset it was a PowerPC iMac because it was posted here.

11. macrumors G5

yg17

Because Ikea desks aren't universal binaries :p

12. cocacolakid, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

I remember seeing those at IKEA and admiring how customizable they are/were. I think you could also get them in black or white finishes.

They still make the Fredrik desk series, which is similar to the Jerker, and has a few options that can be added. I think I saw more options in store than their website shows.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/20649?pageNumber=0