iMac in Comsumer Reports

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dnte42, Aug 14, 2002.

1. dnte42 macrumors regular

I was just wondering how many people saaw the article in the September edition of the magazine. Overall, the iMac was rated slighty lower than a comparable Dell and Gateway (I don't have the magazine here, I can post more betetr details when I get home if anyone wants) but it did beat an eMachines :rolleyes:. Apple was the best company for technical support and the Apple was 2nd best for not breaking down (second to a Dell I believe, based on a poll of readers). The magazine was veyr happy about the flat-panel design, but they didn't like the power switch location and the mouse.

edit: Ah, yes, good old Consumer Reports...:)

2. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

Behind Dell huh?

Maybe its just becausre I live near the factory here and know a bunch of people in both sales and hardware over there, but they seem to be fixing them all the time.;)

Also, keep in mind that Apple users realize when something is wrong, short of the monitor not comming on, most PC users have no clue. Remember, their OS crashes all the time and commonly disables peripherals, so they are used to it.

3. dnte42 thread starter macrumors regular

The break-down was a combination of something like "disabled, but still useable" and "not useable". Apple was actually behind someone else as well in the still useable category but they were an overall second.