iMac Intel Core Duo technical specs

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by CanadaRAM, Jan 10, 2006.

1. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    iMac Intel Core Duo
    Dual Core 1.83 (17") or 2.0 GHz (20") Intel
    RAM: DDR-2 667 MHz SODIMMs, 2 sockets, max. 2 Gb
    - Stock configurations ship with a single 512 or 1 Gb SODIMM, leaving one empty socket (good)
    - PC5300 667 MHz DDR-2 RAM is not exchangeable with any prior Mac RAM
    - Uses laptop SODIMMs, not DIMMs like last model
    - No mention of Dual-channel or 128 bit memory access (which is not surprising, with laptop RAM).
    DL Superdrive standard
    Airport Extreme and Bluetooth standard
    External display supports both spanning and mirroring, up to 1920 x 1200, (higher with analog VGA) does not support 30" dual-link DVI monitors - has a Mini-DVI port (requires adaptor)
    International power supply 100V - 240V.
    667 MHz system buss
    Analog audio input only, analog and optical digital audio output.

No Firewire 800
    No Modem -- USB modem optional
    Can't go to 2.5 Gb RAM like previous G5 model
    Cannot run Classic (OS9) applications
    Hard drive and monitors seem to remain the same as prior model.

Notes: Previous iMac G5 models are still on sale, have not dropped in price.
  2. shrhaider macrumors member

Jan 10, 2006
    the only Apple product I own is an iPod. I'm so fed up with PCs that I'm about to buy my first mac, and I'm excited about the new iMac announcement. so sorry if this is a dumb question,

but about upgrading RAM, will the stock 1gb have CL of 4 or 5? I want to buy RAM from Crucial or NewEgg to bump the new system to 2gb but I don't want to buy the wrong kind.

Do people out there have major doubts about buying this iMac's revA? or is it more of just an upgrade of RevC?

thx for any info you can give a newbie.
  3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    Mini-DVI now. :D

Now I just need to wait for Rev. B and more games to be released for Intel or get universal binary patches. I like the power but my software needs to catch up. :(
  4. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Crucial have the memory listed already. Just buy in confidence from them - they offer full mac compatability guarantee...
  5. shrhaider macrumors member

Jan 10, 2006
    oh thanks. I checked earlier but obviously they've updated since then.