iMac iSight problem?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nodabs, Oct 2, 2006.

1. nodabs macrumors regular

Just got my first Mac on Saturday, and boy is it a beautiful machine (24"). However, i did notice that while playing around w/ photo booth and the iSight camera that sometimes the camera seems to go "off-color" and get brightly colored random small lines in the background (the best way i could describe it is that i seem to look blue in the camera and it looks like someone threw brightly colored confetti in the background) and it's not one of the preset effects... has anyone else experienced this?

2. wchong macrumors 6502

nope, but make sure that the lighting inside the room is not awkward

3. nodabs thread starter macrumors regular

I guess that could be a problem, the lighting isn't exactly great where i have my computer. But i would just expect the picture to be dark and not with all that noise and distortion.

4. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Mine is that way, and is fixed by opening the window blind for light coming from behind me. It is definitely a lighting problem...no worries :)

5. Arnaud macrumors 6502

The camera will adapt to the amount of light available. If it's dim, it will enhance the settings so that something can be seen, and you'll get weird colours and a lot of noise (your confettis, I suppose). Keep a proper lighting to you if you want to iChat.

6. nodabs thread starter macrumors regular

Phew... ok, was getting worried there! Wouldn't want to have to part with my new toy! :D