iMac & Macbook Pro Sync

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by police340, Dec 18, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hello,

Was wondering what is the best way to keep my iMac and Macbook Pro in sync? Mostly photos but would be nice for docs to be synced also.

Thanks,
    BIll

2. macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

I got Carbon Copy Cloner so I could make a bootable, external copy of my drive. I also use it to sync various folders between my MBP and my server. Does the job quite well.

3. macrumors 603

blueroom

DropBox & iCloud (Mountain Lion)

For backup a TC or Synology NAS.

4. macrumors regular

TweakOnline

Interesting question; I would love to get my Aperture library synced on both Macs. Not possible though?

5. macrumors regular

Chronosync 4

Hi,

I have used chronosync 4 successfully to keep my iMac and MacBook Air in sync, including emails clients and aperture.

After setting up the first sync through the initial daunting screen which might scare you (it sure made me nervous), everything / everyday after that was smooth.... it offers you conflicts so that you can choose which version to retain (cos you'd probably know which version you created last).

Hope it helps.

6. thread starter macrumors member

I have Carbon Copy Cloner but how do I do the sync? Not sure how to set this up. Thanks, Bill

7. macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

Set up a copy between the desired folders (or devices), then click on schedule the copy. I have some that run daily, others run weekly.