iMac+MBA or MBP?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Enders, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2011
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    #1
    What would make more sense for me? I've had a white macbook since June 2007, And I'm looking to upgrade some time over the summer when Lion gets released.

    I have used a 13" macbook as my main computer for 4 years now 90% of the time sitting on a desk, and every once and a while I will play downloaded movies to a 32" screen. The other 10% the laptop is used on vacations, and every once and a while used for light browsing when I dont feel like sitting at a desk, on a couch or bed.

    What would make more sense?
    Upgrading to a Macbook Pro and dropping $2,500+ on a 15"

    or

    Getting a 21" iMac for when i'm at my desk for ~$1,500 and an 11" Macbook Air for $999 for the other 10% of the time if I think I really need the portability later on?

    Current set up: 120GB HD 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo and a 500 GB External Drive for movies and a 250GB external for Music, both almost at their capacities.
     
  2. macrumors 68020

    TMRaven

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2009
    #2
    Righit now it'd make more sense to get the macbookpro because it was just updated. If you're willing to wait, I think the iMac+mba would be better.
     
  3. Moderator emeritus

    Hellhammer

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    Why not get an iMac and use the MacBook when portability is needed? It should still be more than adequate for light usage and if you only need it occasionally, it should be great. You can drop in a bigger HD and max out the RAM to speed it up a little.
     

Share This Page