Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
When the iMacs are upgraded in a few weeks what do you guys think some of the changes will be? (graphics cards, RAM, processor etc.) And do you think they will be upgradeable unlike the ones that are out now?

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
I'mAMac said:
When the iMacs are upgraded in a few weeks what do you guys think some of the changes will be? (graphics cards, RAM, processor etc.) And do you think they will be upgradeable unlike the ones that are out now?

It doesn´t seem like Apple wants to changes the iMac form factor but if the 23inch iMac is true, it might actually have a decent desktop card.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I said this elsewhere but here are my predictions.

• 17" and 20" Merom iMac (I'm not sold on the 23", I'll believe it when I see it)
  • Available in black and white (I don't think they'll jack the price on the black)
  • Potentially glossy screen (maybe give users a choice like the MBP)

I don't forsee any other differences.

Fedge

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2006
A 23-inch iMac seems far-fetched. I can't imagine Steve Jobs actually signing off on that. It just seems . . . weird, I guess. I could see the Merom being dropped in, and maybe more GPU options, but I'm doubtful on more/different form factors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.