Imac - ms laptop - ms laptop

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by St. George, Dec 7, 2003.

1. St. George macrumors member

Arrhh!
    Someone help - pllleeeaaasssseeee

I've got a great mac which I love with all my heart. And I have nothing Microsoft on it. Bliss

HOWEVER!!!
    Sitting behind me I've got two MS laptops powered up. And they are trying to kill me.

I'm trying to print an excel speadsheet. The Tosh one I've been using today I discover has no printer driver.

So I borrowed another Hitachi - and this doesn't have excel - naturally - but it does have the drivers for my printer.

They both only have floppy drives only.
    And I have no way of making a floppy driver disk because the only computer I have connected to the net is my beloved mac... which doesn't have a floppy drive.

QUESTION
    How can I get the driver from the hitachi to the tosh?

I've no idea!

I borrowed these two laptops today and have received 3 blue screens of death.
    My iMac's been running 3 weeks constant without a single moan. Ha!

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Go to the printer manufacturer's website and download the print driver.

3. St. George thread starter macrumors member

Hi there - thanks

I can't because niether of the laptops have internet connections

And my Mac does not have a floppy drive so I can't d/; the drivers on the mac and pass them over to the laptops.

(the laptops only have floppy drives)
    (one of the laptops does have the drivers - I just need to know how to copy these drivers from the Hitachi to the Tosh')

Regards
    SG

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Do the laptops have ethernet? If they do, then you could hook them up with a crossover cable to transfer the driver. Or you could hook them up to the mac and transfer the driver. But I will assume they do not have ethernet since you cannot get them onto the internet. If a floppy drive is the only input/output on the laptops, I think you are stuck.

5. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

The PC Laptops must have some sort of networking ports. A friend of mine has a laptop where you need an adapter to ethernet to connect.

6. St. George thread starter macrumors member

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The only way I can think of doing this is to copy the spreadsheet onto a floppy, then head down to a cybercafé and email the file home :( - that's assuming you can print from your Mac. What a mess.

8. St. George thread starter macrumors member

Yep

I think the cybercafe is the way ahead - I'll see if they'll print it for me.

Thaanks