Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Mrs.

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Suburgatory
In the past, whenever my iPhone would ring while at my desktop, my iMac would ring and give me the ability to answer the call. Today, however, my phone rang, my watch rang, but my iMac did not. Can anyone shed some light on why my iMac won't allow me to answer my phone anymore?

MetalCores

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Mosinee, WI
I would check the FaceTime settings on your mac. Open FaceTime and go to preferences and make sure the iPhone cellular calls box is checked. If it is the only other thing that i know to try is to sign out and sign back in.

The Mrs.

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Suburgatory
I would check the FaceTime settings on your mac. Open FaceTime and go to preferences and make sure the iPhone cellular calls box is checked. If it is the only other thing that i know to try is to sign out and sign back in.
Thanks for the tip. I checked and everything appears to be ok. I also noticed that those calls I received while at my Mac show up in the call history so I have no clue why it's not ringing. I'll probably tinker with it some more when I get home this evening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.