imac ordered

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rekras, Feb 11, 2002.

1. rekras macrumors regular

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    just placed my order for an iMac combo drive!!!!
    i ordered from maczone, it's coming with free 256RAM and 50cdrw's
    my prediction is that it wont ship for 35 days, does anyone have any insight on the current inventory situation they can help me determine the shipping date with...?:rolleyes:

2. islygon macrumors newbie

iMac Shipping

Congrats on your order!

I hope it won't take too long to receive your iMac, but just to give you SOME idea, I ordered mine on January 11th. A mere 4 days after they were announced.

I just received shipping notice today. So, it took just over 4 weeks.

Hopefully they are ramping up production, but demand has been high!

Also, don't even bother calling Apple or whoever you ordered from, I called Apple Friday, they told be to expect 2-3 more weeks. It ended up being 1 business day.... (a nice surprise!) To be fair with Apple, they probably have no idea when these things will really ship, and everytime I call them, they are VERY friendly. I love dealing with them, but I think they know about as much as we do, they will ship when they are ready.

I can't wait to receive mine, and I am sure you are the same!

3. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Out of curiosity, islygon, did you order a stock or BTO machine?

4. islygon macrumors newbie

Stock/BTO

I believe mine would be BTO simply because I ordered more RAM. Although, I just had them add another 256mb, jumping the RAM to 512, but both slots are now full.

I hope this helps!

5. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

It sure does! I did the same thing - doubled the RAM - but I also ordered an AirPort card. At any rate, this gives me hope that I might see mine soon!

6. skyhawk macrumors newbie

I Got My SuperDrive iMac

I just busted into Fry's Electronics in Houston, TX., and there she was, I dropped my plastic and took that baby home on Sunday Feb. 10. I had ordered it online at the Apple Store but when I saw her in person, I had to have her. I ain't waiting any longer than I have to. This baby is all that and more! I checked for the previousely reported defects and quirks but I got a live one. I'm cancelling my online order! I'm over and out? Mostly over!