iMac parts and questions (not slot load)

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Nov 22, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

In school in the electronic shop they had an iMac, just the monitor and the other part, i dunno about the case, well i bought it home. it is blue, the copyright syas 1998, it has a ATAPI CD-ROM drive (24x) On the mother board it says: APPLE COMUTER INC. 1998 820-0980-A then there is a sticker with a barcode, it has a serial number on it. The ribbon to teh hard drive says REV. A on it. SO what kind of iMac is this? it has 2 USB ethernet, 56k modem, sound in and out. it has two speakers in teh front the only part of the case I have its the part that goes over the screen, the apple looks Blue. There is a CD-ROM but no hard drive, i supose I can put one in. I think the HD connection is IDE but the CD-Drive is ATAPI. Is there anyway to use a ATAPI CD Drive in a IDE mac? Because AI have a G3 mini tower, could I use the drive in it? do i need an adaptor? Well the iMac is cool but it looks like some of the wires from teh monitor to the base were cut, can I get them replaced? Well if the case is at school and I can get it I'll pick it up, but I dunno about the wires. Everything looks good except for the wires that were cut. Other wise its fine (i guess) the screen looks ok. Ill try and post pics soon, any help!?

2. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I think it is the Bondi iMac because it looks like theres a spot for an infared port and the ports look like a door would cover them....HELP PLEASE