iMac/PowerMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dwd3885, Oct 13, 2005.

1. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

ok, so i'm back to Mac! Now I have this sweet Dell 2005FPW (The 20.1 inch widescreen) and no computer. Should I buy a PowerMac and keep the monitor or sell the monitor and buy an iMac? I had the Dual 2GHZ G5, it was great, not sure how much I'd miss if I didn't have that. I'm a college student doing some audio editing, I do a little photo editing, but I'm not the "pro" that Apple looks at to buy their pro machines. Now, I do like being able to upgrade however. So I am kind of stuck. My budget also is around 1100 give or take. What to do? I was thinking about waiting for the PowerMac updates to see if Apple offers some more refurbs at a cheaper price. Or what about the Single G5? I've heard bad things about that though

2. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

I have a single G5 powermac and love it. The iMacs are a better "bang for your buck" now, but they also aren't as expandable and upgradeable, which to me adds significant value. Plus, I can hook up my own, bigger monitor.

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Definetely wait within the next few weeks for some powermac updates, otherwise get the iMac, there is no better deal out there.

4. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

Since you already have an LCD, I would go for the Power Macs. I would suggest waiting until atleast next week atleast becouse there may be updates soon.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You like to upgrade.
    You want to do digital audio.
    You have a b!^@#!^g monitor already.

PowerMac all the way, baby!