iMac prices not rising everywhere

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Mr. Anderson, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This article from insanely great mac has some interesting info on the new iMacs price increase, or no increase in some cases.

However, it is becoming increasing clear that the LCD iMac price hike isn’t being universally honored. In fact, many dealers have not only kept the old prices -- US$1,299, US$1,599, US$1,799 -- but also have kept right on bundling free RAM and other extras.

http://www.insanely-great.com/news.php?id=207

Wow, who would have expected that from the dealers?:cool:

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

i wonder if this will harm apple's direct sales?

Still, this is good news for consumers who aren't afraid to shop around.

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

If you don't get a custom Mac, you probably shouldn't be buying directly from Apple anyway. A friend of mine recently picked up a new iBook and he first went to the Apple store here in town and asked what sort of deals they had. There weren't any. Then when he said could you match the offer from CompUSA (extra memory, etc.), they said no. He went and bought it at CompUSA. True, Apple still sold a new iBook, but it sort of makes you wonder what are the stores for anyway? Their almost more of an Apple Art Gallery to me.

But Apple will need to look more closely at this if they want to get more people to buy, especially at the stores. My last Apple purchase, a TiPB, was custom built, so I had no choice but to go through Apple. When I replace my current 450 G4 desktop, I'll be looking closely at what I can get extra, and not go directly to Apple.

4. dualburn001 macrumors regular

i just ordered my imac from amazon for 1494 (middle model)

5. samy85114 macrumors regular

Just one thing, guys...

I could say that in Canada, the high-end model is 200$ Can higher, and i guess, lower models' price are higher too... so that a important change, but as you probably know, for those who already ordered their iMac few weeks ago ( like me :), they will stick with the first price Apple just annonced on jan, 11.... ( was it on jan, 11????????

Just 2 weeks away ( and probably less than that ) and i'll get it right here ! HIIIAAA

Take care!

6. dualburn001 macrumors regular

i feel bad for you cause I ordered mine yesterday and im getting in 10 days

7. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I wouldn't feel too bad for him, dualburn001, you're both getting new machines at less than the current MSRP. I just wonder how long this will last.