iMac + Really dusty room?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Phtosynthesis, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Phtosynthesis macrumors member

Alright, well, soon when the new iMacs come out i'll be getting one, but I had one problem. My room collects dust very easily and rapidly. Nothing too drastic, but I have to clean my room for dust at least once a week. When I get the iMac should I clean the fan out every week? I'm getting the 3-year warranty so i'm sure if anything happens it'll be alright, but I want to keep it in tip-top shape.

Also, if anyone knows if there is a solution to keep a room from building up with dust so rapidly, I'd love to know that too.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yes there is a way you can get an air filter, what it does is it just keeps filtering the air you breathe in the room and takes in all that dust as well (well not all of it but it will help noticeably obviously depending on how powerfull the thing is) and some of them have disposable filters or washable ones or both...:)

3. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    The iMac isn't user serviceable except for RAM, so I don't think you can clean the dust out. It sounds like you're already festidious about cleaning. How do you get so much dust? Maybe it's your vacuum?

4. emac82 macrumors 6502

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yes, where is all the dust coming from? nearby construction? nearby high way, rural dust? dog coming in and out of the house (my case)...