Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdbolin

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Hey guys,

Previously, I could only find general timelines for the iMac release dates for both models as being "November" or "December".

I was talking to the Apple staff online and they clarified the 21.5" to be released "Mid November" and "Early December". Before christmas for my new 27" :D

Thought I'd post this for the users waiting for the "November" model to come out - probably late next week.

mrpiii

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Hailey, ID
The odd thing is they are taking orders for new Cellular + Wi-Fi iPads now for delivery mid-November but not yet for 21.5" iMacs for delivery in November. Logically you would expect Apple to be taking pre-orders by now. Makes you wonder if they are truly having production issues. Bad as it is to delay taking orders it would be even worse to delay shipments beyond the holiday season for people who had ordered and were expecting December delivery..

Last edited:

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
The odd thing is they are taking orders for new Cellular + Wi-Fi iPads now for delivery mid-November but not yet for 21.5" iMacs for delivery in November.

Someone measure the volumes... for every one iMac they can ship a lot more mobile units in the same space.

akatsuki

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
I just want to put my order in and forget about it until it shows up on my doorstep.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any pre order for the iMac. Would be nice to see it readily available on an upcoming Tuesday, unless it sells out fast and goes to 2 week delay of sorts like the retina MacBook Pro's. Or did they have pre ordering? I don't recall.

The most probable and likely being tomorrrow 11/6 or 11/13. I think 11/20 might cut it close to Black Friday, but who knows. Apple isn't known as a bargain brand and that's what shoppers generally search for on Black Friday anyhow (I had the pleasure of working retail for 6 years :eek: )

Either way, I had a week away from worrying about a silly computer after dealing with Hurricane Sandy at the Jersey Shore. Still don't have electricity, so if it came out tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to use it!!!! :D

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
People generally don't line up in droves for a $1300+ desktop.

I doubt there will be a pre-order period.

MacXL

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2009
Quebec, Canada
dont understand!

The new iMac 27 has not been updated: I dont understand the green dot on MacRumors Buyer's Guide section? If you cant preorder or purchase, it has not been released or updated yet :confused:

One more thing: what happen to Apple presentation where Steve would say: available today !

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
It certainly is not today in the UK. Just called the store in Glasgow and they do not have the imac yet.

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
I spoke with an apple Store salesclerk today (Paris Opéra Store, France) and he told me that the 21" will be available late November and the 27" late December...

Just thought i would share. I know they're just guessing, as we are. But as i was in the store i thought i'd ask.

muff

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2010
I spoke with an apple Store salesclerk today (Paris Opéra Store, France) and he told me that the 21" will be available late November and the 27" late December...

When I called Apple Denmark they also said late November for the 21". I didn't ask about the 27". Patience is a virtue...

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I think the 27" will be on sale definately before christmas holiday. Even if the delivery date would be a lot later they would make sure not to miss xmas sales. So I suspect early-mid december.

Garden4Gods

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
I'd say the 27" will definitely be available atleast 2 weeks before Xmas.

Every brat will want one remember, so Apple will not want to miss out.

You might receive a sheet of ice in the post though :cool:

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
By now it's pretty clear that things isn't going as Tim planned...
I am sure people at apple want to bring it all before Christmas.
But iTunes, iPad, iPhone, and actually every apple device this year had some deadline problem, point to late ( and maybe delayed) 21.5 November. About the 27 I will be happy to see it in January...there is no doubt that apple saw the pressure of the customers and in the forums, and decide to revel the iMac before its ready. So people can finally go to sleep in peace knowing that apple didn't kill the desktop.
And that something amazing is coming.

Greg Schroeder

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
I was waiting forever for the new 27 to be my first mac. I actually went out and bought a used 21.5 because it took so long. With the old iMacs being out for what, 550 days?, I hope this new unit rocks the old. I plan to buy 2 - 27s with a bunch of goodies. I sure will be bummed if Apple updates the resolution and display a few months after I buy these. That mac pro hasn't been updated in about two years and I'm guessing a new monitor will come along with it which will end up in the iMacs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.