Imac release today....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by smithfield11, Nov 22, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Oct 4, 2012
    Does anyone think Apple could do a crazy thursday release just to screw with everyone. End up in the awful situation of paying full price and order today to get one first or order one tomorrow with discount but may push dispatch times backe 4 weeks+

"bad guy apple"
  2. macrumors member

Oct 21, 2008
  3. macrumors 68040

Sep 24, 2010
    Especially when you can return it and buy it back cheaper. :D
  4. macrumors member

Nov 19, 2012
    I wouldn't be suprised if it is released next week. Just after Black Friday.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Nov 10, 2012
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's released at 12:00AM Saturday.
  6. macrumors member

Aug 16, 2011
    I wonder how many days will pass before this topic is correct
  7. macrumors 6502a

Feb 9, 2010
    I'm a bit worried Apple will miss the holiday season. It's almost december and you can't even preorder/order these badboys. :confused:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to launch these devices when they actually have something to sell? Now nobody buys iMacs for like 3 months.
  8. macrumors 6502

Mar 22, 2011
    I am very honest here: i am waiting for an Imac as well, but give a flying "...." About Black/cyber Friday or whatever. I have my money sitting here and buying an imac is not depending on tomorrows day.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2012
    Reasonable people are having turkey today.
  10. macrumors member

Nov 13, 2012
    Devon, UK
    I'm in the same boat.

Money sat in the bank since february, waiting for them to be released.

After nearly 10 months wait a few more weeks isn't really a problem for me.

I'd rather they took a month longer and launched a reliable product with good quality control.

However, it would be nice to have a degree of confidence when they say 'November' or 'December'. I'd really like to have a 27" with upgrades delivered before Xmas, however that is looking increasingly unlikely I feel.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2012
    Reasonable people are with their family and stuffing themselves on turkey today. Today, would be a good day off from the shop.